dev@jax-ws.java.net

Splitting Handler processing into two pipes

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kohsuke.kawaguchi_at_sun.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 10:57:41 -0800

(Not sure if you are subscribed, so sending to both...)

Hi, Bobby,

In yesterday's meeting, WS-Addressing wanted to insert their own pipe
between the logical handler processing and physical handler processing.
Sine we were planning to put both handler processing into one pipe, this
became a somewhat lengthy discussion.

We came up with a few not-so-nice ways to let WSA do some processing
in-between without splitting handler processing into two, but I felt
that it makes sense to be able to do some computation in between two
kinds of handlers, in general.

So the question goes. How difficult would it be to implement handler
processing into two pipes, one for logical handlers and the other for
protocol handlers? Would that be prohibitively difficult? Would that
cause so much ugliness into handler pipes that any "nice design" factor
we get by being able to inject pipes in between would be easily offset?

Or is it "we just need to be more careful" kind of difficulty?

I'm also curious what aspect of handler processing makes such splitting
difficult. So if you could shed some light in this area, that would be
great.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi