dev@jax-ws.java.net

SOAPVersion class

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kohsuke.kawaguchi_at_sun.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 17:35:54 -0800

I significantly enhanced the existing SOAPVersion class. I see many code
like:

    if( binding.equals( SOAP11 ) ) {
      MessageFactory.newInstance(SOAP11);
    } else {
      MessageFactory.newInstance(SOAP12);
    }

... and so on, and also in many places java.lang.String is used to
denote the difference between SOAP 1.1 / 1.2. This is not a good coding
practice.

There were a lot of convenience methods created around those 1.1/1.2
handling, yet since they are defined on a separate class, often people
don't notice that it's there, and ended up coding those by themselves.

I think creating an enum class with helper methods on it makes it easy
to discover such methods, and also improves the type safety.

So I encourage people to use it whenever possible...

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi