users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] Re: NIO API review / request for feedback

From: Pavel Bucek <pavel.bucek_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 18:29:10 +0100

Hi Santiago,

that is a good idea, but I do see some issues with bootstrapping such
providers.

if we do something like:

@Provider public static class NioInputFilterimplements Flow.Processor<ByteBuffer, ByteBuffer> {

     // ... }

how would we pass the executor service (we could do constructor
injection..) or how could we plug-in 3rd party framework? I do see a
typical case of creating Flowables etc from existing Publisher/Source -
what would we need to do? Wrap it? Wouldn't that be typical usecase?

@Provider public static class NioInputFilterimplements Flow.Processor<ByteBuffer, ByteBuffer> {

     Flowable<ByteBuffer>flowable =null;// ... @Override public void subscribe(Flow.Sink<?super ByteBuffer> sink) {
         flowable.subscribe(...)
     }

     // etc }

Also, would we be able to select which request is going to be filtered
based on matched resource method, header value, ...? Wouldn't we need
something like "ContainerRequestFilter" to control when this is added to
the flow pipeline? How we can add a header? Are you thinking about
something more generic, like Processor<ContainerRequest/ResponseContext,
ContainerRequest/ResponseContext>?

I'm not saying that you need to answer everything, It's just what popped
in my mind when reading your suggestion.

Looking forward to any reaction :)

Thanks!
Pavel