users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] Re: Server-Sent Events API proposal

From: Pavel Bucek <pavel.bucek_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2017 10:46:52 +0100

Dear experts,

after initial feedback, we decided to add a helper class -
SseClientSubscriber - to ease consumption of Server Sent Events on the
client side.

The simplest way how to register "event handler" only is now:

try (final SseEventSource eventSource = SseEventSource.target(target).build()) {

     eventSource.subscribe(SseClientSubscriber.fromOnNext(System.out::println));
     eventSource.open();

     // ... }

We also chose to remove SseEventSource.Builder#open method, since the
API already provides this functionality (see SseEventSource#open()) and
having this on the builder as well could be confusing for some users.

Complete patch (including updated examples) is here:
https://github.com/jax-rs/api/commit/2ae0169a4da8d1af9861883fa3cf24709902af9c

Please let us know what you think.

Best regards,
Pavel