users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] Re: Proposal for RX API Improvement

From: <ondrej.mihalyi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 11:20:01 +0100

I think that Marcus’ code really contains errors, but in different place than you both think 🙂

Marcus forgot to call either async() or rx(), and used CompletableFuture, which is supported only by rx() now ( asyncInvoker supports Rx via the invocationCallback).

But what Marcus proposes makes sense, and it’s already covered by both JIRA issues. Both async and Rx use executors, it makes sense to define a default executor for the client, regardless if async or Rx API is used to issue the call later. It would also help in asyncInvoker, as currently there’s no way to provide an executor in any standard way, an e.g. in GlassFish, asyncInvoker will use a non-managed thread from JavaSE.

Ondrej