users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] Re: Proposal for RX API Improvement

From: Pavel Bucek <pavel.bucek_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 19:29:49 +0100

Hi Marcus,

that was already brought by Adam, just after we started - see

https://java.net/projects/jax-rs-spec/lists/jsr370-experts/archive/2017-01/message/16
https://java.net/jira/browse/JAX_RS_SPEC-523

I plan to tackle that right after we are finished with Rx Client and
maybe SSE, since that will most likely have wider impact (not limited to
reactive support) and I'd like to have it made for the whole API at once.

(your code sample does not contain rx() method in the chain - I hope
that's just a typo. I believe when the executor service is set, it
should be used for all async operations, including AsyncInvoker,
RxInvoker and possibly NioInvoker (whatever that will be)).

Best regards,
Pavel