users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] Re: JAX-RS 2.1-m01 has been released

From: Markus KARG <markus_at_headcrashing.eu>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 18:54:46 +0200

According to German law it depends on the actual written agreement of the grantor, not on the pure possibility of free download, or location of access. You could even upload closed source to Maven Central; this does not turn it into open source. Each country has different laws for that, so it must be clear whether additional restrictions exists for pre-releases. According to Marek the intention IS public use (hence: implicitly NOT restricted to the sole use by EG members) with the implied risk that it breaks compatibility with successor versions, so we can close that thread I think.

-Markus