users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] Re: [javaee-spec users] [jsr366-experts] update to Java EE 8 plan

From: Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin_at_talend.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2016 14:01:56 +0100

In JAX-RS 2.0 Client API was the main new addition, with a host of
various 'minor' additions like AsyncResponse.
To be honest I'm not sure it was up to us to accept or reject whether we
wanted Client API or not - but no doubt Client API was needed.

Initial 2.1 enhancements, particularly client side Rx invokers will be a
very good addition. I've no idea right now what else the future 'blueprint'
may require from JAX-RS. The most important thing right now is to ensure
JAX-RS will stay relevant to the practical users.

Sergey