users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] Re: A common way to enable _at_RolesAllowed

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 01:02:41 +0100

On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 11:12 PM, <markus_at_headcrashing.eu> wrote:

> The JAX-RS specification says that JAX-RS can be used not only within Java
> EE but also as a standalone technology ontop of Java SE. To make a JAX-RS
> application work correctly in both environments (hence: without JSR 375
> beneath) the JAX-RS specification either must declare that JSR 375 is to be
> bundled with JAX-RS on Java SE, or it must define a different way to
> declare security with in turn enables JSR 375 on Java EE but may use any
> other technology on Java SE.

JAX-RS doesn't have to know about an Interceptor based @RolesAllowed, does
it?

Such an interceptor can be applied to every method to which Interceptors
can be applied and it does what it does then. No need for JAX-RS to be
aware of what it exactly does, so no need for JAX-RS to define a different
way for when JAX-RS runs on top of Java SE.

It's not that different from using say the @Transactional interceptor.
Anyone can apply that to a method, and if that method is applicable for
interception a transaction it will be transactional. But JSF, MVC, JAX-RS
and what have you do not all need to go duplicate JTA or provide JTA
delegation mechanisms, do they? They only need to use CDI beans, which
automatically provides Interception, and then the actual interceptors
people put on their methods is not the concern of the spec that just uses
CDI and/or Interceptors.