users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] Re: Proposed Plan

From: Markus KARG <markus_at_headcrashing.eu>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 20:11:54 +0200

Dear Specification Leads,

Dear Experts,

I am glad that finally there now will be at least _some_ progress on our JSR after months of apparent stagnancy and unclear status, and that the RI will provide at least _some_ of the proposed features!

This said, I need to tell you that after several presentations about JAX-RS 2.1 at JUGs and conferences in Europe, I noticed that the features proposed in the original specification request are clearly noticed and widely expected by the audiences -- all of them, not just numbers 1 through 4. My personal statistics is different from your plans:

Particular high interest (i. e. significantly more questions) had been shown on the following topics:

* CDI

* Hypermedia (i. e. "full" REST)

Particular low interest (i. e. significantly less questions) had been shown on the following topics:

* MVC

* JSON-B

(If you are interested in more community stats I could do short ballot after my talk on JAX-RS at JUG Saint Gallen On October 29).

This not necessarily means that MVN and JSON-B is expected to be low priority, but it indicates that CDI and Hypermedia should not get discarted from the plan.

To sum up, I would say "yes" for a shorter plan, but "no" for only that particular four items.

-Markus