users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] [jsr339-experts] Re: Re: Re: MVC

From: Markus KARG <markus_at_headcrashing.eu>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 18:15:46 +0200

>IMO, Java EE should start moving away from trying to do web UI and focus
>on server-side, back end development where its strengths have always been.

The world is not black and white. There are good reasons to use JSF in one
project and AngularJS in another. JSF is simply a Java based component
model, it does not imply any particular rendering. Hence, you can make it
render jQuery based UIs, too. I think with some small additions it could
even render offline-able JavaScript applications. As we are a JAVA EG, we
should concentrate on JAVA solutions. In this particular case it means, how
can we improve the Java based web layer without dropping it completely.

BTW, I always thought JSF to be the best solution for WEB UI frameworks. But
WEB UI frameworks are something totally different than client-executed
JavaScript applications (nowadays called "HTML5"). Maybe we first should
start defining the same terminology. ;-)

Regards
-Markus