users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] Re: [jsr339-experts] Re: Fwd: [javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Server-Sent Events in Java EE 8

From: <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 13:14:37 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 30 May 2014 18:08:33 +0200 Markus Karg wrote:

MK> I am convinced that both, WebSockets and SSE, need to be supported
MK> by the Java EE 8 platform to keep up with the pace of technological
MK> change in the web domain. But it is a good question what is the
best
MK> way to ensure this. This posting proposes another way to define
SSE
MK> support for Java so far not discussed IMHO.

MK> I hereby propose that the JAX-RS Expert Group (JSR 339) for
inclusion into
MK> Java EE 8 shall define three separate specification documents as a
MK> replacement for "SSE-enhanced JAX-RS 2.x": (I) "Java API For HTTP "
MK> (covering all purely HTTP-technical aspects serviced currently by
MK> javax.ws.rs.*),

Hello Markus,

I respectfully submit that your (I) is clearly the domain of the Java
Servlet Specification. We will be launching a new version of the
Servlet JSR also for JavaEE 8 and, per the usual JCP rules, that expert
group will be just as open as any other Oracle led JSR for the past six
years, which is to say, very open.

Ed