users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] Re: Digest for list users_at_jax-rs-spec.java.net

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 12:57:05 +0200

Tham/all,

+1
Sounds like a good argument.

While CDI events primarily aim at Java code inside a container or in a
distributed scenario (but rarely with other code like WS do) those have
been around for quite a while now, too:
http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/7/tutorial/doc/cdi-adv005.htm

I happen to be involved or helped Spec Leads make up their mind in cases
like State Management (JSR 150) or the hopefully soon proposed Config JSR.
And they all talk about events, too.
JSR 107, overly hyped by some, but still dissapoiting in the EE 8 context
(e.g. throwing away Transaction Support which large Enterprise apps won't
like to miss[?]) also got redundant, mostly client-side aspects of events
AND configuration (IMHO if 107 was to be worthy of EE 8 and a Config JSR
also part of the same "Umbrella", they MUST get their act together and 107
adapt or even prune some of its own configuration subsystem, otherwise
you'd have a "Config Hell" all over again and we might as well forget about
the Config JSR[?])

So we should try to avoid "too many wheels" being reinvented for SSE, too.
Having 4 competing and largely incompatible representations of Date/Time in
Java SE 8 should not become a blueprint for EE 8 to do the same there in
some cases[?]

Werner

35F.gif
(image/gif attachment: 35F.gif)