users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] [jsr339-experts] Re: Re: Re: Issues with Configurable and Configuration

From: Marek Potociar <marek.potociar_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 23:47:28 +0100

On Mar 8, 2013, at 11:34 PM, Bill Burke <bburke_at_redhat.com> wrote:

> On 3/8/2013 12:25 PM, Marek Potociar wrote:

>>> I'm fine with making it part of client component APIs. I'm strongly against removing from the API. Your issue has been targeted for 2.0.
>>
>> I gave it another look and I'm actually not against against removing the replaceWith() altogether. I could not find any use case in our code to justify keeping it there. Of course, we would have to keep some similar method on the ClientBuilder API.
>>
>> I'm going to remove the replaceWith() method completely (sans new method on ClientBuilder) unless anybody objects...
>>

> I talked about this in JIRA too.
>
> 1) Invocation.Builder still needs to set properties whether it implements Configurable or not

I assume you refer to issue #385. I'd be fine with having per-request property setter on both Invocation and Invocation.Builder.

But that's something that should not be mixed with per-client runtime configuration properties, right? Note that these request-scoped properties are exposed to providers via request contexts. IOW, it's not the same thing as runtime-wide Configuration properties.

Marek