users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] [jsr339-experts] Re: Java SE 7 features in JAX-RS 2.0?

From: Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin_at_talend.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 10:35:42 +0100

On 09/07/12 10:00, Marek Potociar wrote:
> FWIW, here's Java SE 6 EOL date information:
>
> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/eol-135779.html

Marek, I think you have ignored my original comment.

I'm getting seriously concerned about this push to get the specification
bootstrapping Java-based technologies including Java itself. Please
continue the good job of making the spec a really good spec for making
it easy to address HTTP-related issues.

The plus argument I've heard about Jersey being able to explore the
super-optimized parallel instructions or indeed the fact that SE 7 can
let users get the most out of Locale are non-starters IMHO. There might
be some other possible optimization SE7 can give to the API. That is
non-starter too.
Because, I repeat, it will block CXF or other frameworks that will
support SE 6 builds, from implementing the spec or parts of it earlier.
Which is probably of the least concern but it should not be

Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin
Talend Community Coders