users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] [jsr339-experts] Re: Specific note regarding text/xml and application/xml

From: Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin_at_talend.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 10:27:46 +0100

On 15/05/12 09:54, Marek Potociar wrote:
> Not sure if we should do that since there is a problem with encoding in text/xml which causes a subtle but important difference between the two media types. Perhaps we should instead just encourage people to not use text/xml if possible?

I don't mind if the developers will be encouraged to move to
application/xml.

What happens in many simple cases, is that people are asking, when the
basic XMLs are posted, Content-Type is text/xml, Consumes is
application/xml, why there's no match. Seems not very intuitive.

But easy enough to solve by listing both text/xml, and application/xml
though...
I've no strong opinion on whatever resolution (or none at all) that
might be preferred, just wanted to highlight this minor issue

Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin
Talend Community Coders