users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] [jsr339-experts] Properties in Response object WAS Re: Re: Re: Review of new Filter API

From: Bill Burke <bburke_at_redhat.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 13:32:14 -0400

On 4/11/12 8:04 AM, Marek Potociar wrote:
>>> My understanding is that properties are for communication between filters and handlers, i.e. properties are part of each single request context but not part of the request or response objects in the context. What is the use case for having the properties available in the response?
>>>

>> Well, you may need to pass information to WriterInterceptors. for example, if you want to sign or encrypt the entity, you might want to pass through a cryptographic key.
>
> Interceptors can already access the properties via context.

How would application code be able to pass the cryptographic key into
response processing without a properties map on Response? On the client
side, the Configuration is available to pass through per-request
objects. There's nothing available on the server side.

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat