users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] [jsr339-experts] Re: Re: PLEASE REVIEW: Updated filtering API proposal

From: Marek Potociar <marek.potociar_at_oracle.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 20:52:59 +0200

On Apr 6, 2012, at 2:25 PM, Bill Burke wrote:

> Isn't it
>
> git checkout new-filter-api
>
> or
>
> git checkout -b new-filter-api origin/new-filter-api
>
> There is no -t switch.

The -t switch is there to setup an automatic tracking between the local and remote branch. Not sure what git version do you use, here's a snippet from my 'git help checkout':

       -t, --track
           When creating a new branch, set up "upstream" configuration. See "--track" in git-branch(1) for details.

           If no -b option is given, the name of the new branch will be derived from the remote-tracking branch. If "remotes/" or "refs/remotes/" is prefixed it is
           stripped away, and then the part up to the next slash (which would be the nickname of the remote) is removed. This would tell us to use "hack" as the local
           branch when branching off of "origin/hack" (or "remotes/origin/hack", or even "refs/remotes/origin/hack"). If the given name has no slash, or the above
           guessing results in an empty name, the guessing is aborted. You can explicitly give a name with -b in such a case.

Marek