users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] [jsr339-experts] Re: lets remove Client.Builder, and ClientFactoryBuilder please

From: Bill Burke <bburke_at_redhat.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 08:47:43 -0500

Maybe I should give more detail (again):

* We don't need a set of interfaces the application developer will never see
* The interfaces are redudant. All you really need is to specify a
javax.ws.rs.ext.ClientFactory with the class name of your impl's factory
within it.
* If you want to be able to support extensions (i.e. an extended
interface to ClientFactory or Client), then it should be left up to the
provider how they want to support it. For example, I don't want
Resteasy to be forced to use your interfaces, especially when a typecast
or even a constructor invocation would be good enough for this scenario.

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat