users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] [jsr339-experts] OSGI support

From: Sastry Malladi <m_sastry_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 17:09:42 -0800 (PST)

I've a question on how we intend to support JAX-RS based resources deployed in an OSGI container.

For example, the JAX-RS container itself (e.g jersey or other implementations) will be packaged as an OSGI bundle.
Individual resource applications will also be packaged and deployed as OSGI bundles. However, these application bundles may have some provider classes that are to be loaded by the JAX-RS container, but it has no access to them. Typically we set-up the dependency from application to JAX-RS bundle, but not the other way around.

We have addressed this kind of a problem internally through some offline registration mechanism, but wanted to know what is the official JAX-RS spec way to do this ?

thanks,
Sastry