users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] [jsr339-experts] Re: request no properties, response has properties

From: Marek Potociar <marek.potociar_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 18:06:35 +0100

On 12/19/2011 04:14 PM, Bill Burke wrote:
> I've noticed that Response has a getProperties() method, but Request does not. Is there a reason either way?

Yes, noticed that too - it is currently sitting on my TODO list.

> I'm not sure either Request or Response needs a getProperites() method as one already exists on FilterContext and
> MessageBodyHandlerContext.

My plan was to add the getProperties() to Request, but I don't feel particularly strongly about it. We can either add
getProperties() to Request while removing it from contexts or remove it from Response and keep it in contexts. I am fine
either way. Experts, please let me know your preference.

Marek