users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] [jsr339-experts] Re: A couple of other questions

From: Sastry Malladi <m_sastry_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 17:18:06 -0800 (PST)

>> Do you have any concrete proposal in mind?

How about we add an "environment" parameter to the newClient() method on ClientFactory, so that when the caller invokes
Client client = ClientFactory.newClient("myEnv")

the implementations looks for a configuration file (say, filter-config.xml)  under "myEnv" resource folder using the current classloader, and registers those filters specified there, as if the user called client.configuration().register(..) for each of those.

This is the general idea, but can expand and give more details, if we want to go down this path.

Sastry