jsr370-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

Re: JSR 370 Updated Schedule

From: Santiago Pericas-Geertsen <Santiago.PericasGeertsen_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 15:42:34 -0400

> On Apr 13, 2015, at 1:21 PM, Markus KARG <markus_at_headcrashing.eu> wrote:
>
> Santiago,
>
> can you please publish an updated schedule for JSR 370 as the original scheduled apparently is void already. It says there is an early draft in Q1/2015 and PR in Q3/2015, which apparently does not exist.

 I will, once I get a chance to review it with Marek.

> Also I'd like to ask for clarification on Java 8: Will the new API support Lambdas and Streams, hence make the use of Java SE 8 mandatory?

 Possibly. We certainly want to take advantage of SE 8 features, but we also feel that by the time EE 8 is out, SE 8 will be the mainstream version. As a data point, I believe Oracle will not provide any more public updates of SE 7 after this month.

— Santiago