jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: [jax-rs-spec users] Re: Adding SSE support to JAX-RS 2.1?

From: Santiago Pericas-Geertsen <Santiago.PericasGeertsen_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 08:53:24 -0500

Sergey,

 WebSockets is already covered by JSR 356 in EE 7. And, other that the upgrade mechanism, there's little connection with HTTP. SSE runs on HTTP and with the features already in JAX-RS (async, streaming, etc.) it's rather easy (and elegantly) to integrate it in JAX-RS as seen the link included by Marek.

-- Santiago