jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: Should null values in client entity variant overwrite Content-* headers?

From: Marek Potociar <marek.potociar_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 22:47:18 +0100

On 08 Nov 2013, at 17:31, Bill Burke <bburke_at_redhat.com> wrote:

> Its not covered by the TCK as we pass the TCK :)
>
> But, you're changing the behavior of Variant post spec release. Thought that was a no-no?

Am I? All I am suggesting is that if the Variant field contains null, then this null value should not override any existing header previously set by the user in the client request. My suggestion is based on the fact that relevant javadoc is not strict in that respect. Please point me to the part of the spec I'm changing and I reconsider (and most likely take back) my proposal.

Marek