jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: Matching Algorithm in Spec

From: Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin_at_talend.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 11:11:52 +0100

On 23/05/13 11:02, Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
> Hi Santiago
> On 22/05/13 15:27, Santiago Pericas-Geertsen wrote:
>> Hello Experts,
>>
>> See attachment. Steps (2h) and (2i) have been fixed based on the
>> recent discussions. Step (2h) had a rather obvious condition missing.
>> Step (2i) was missing the (less obvious) part about invoking the locator.
>>

> This is what the updated 2.h says:
>
> Set M to be the set of sub-resource methods (excluding sub-resource
> locators) as follows:
> M = {sub-resource methods D of all classes in C where Rmatch = R(TD )}
> and go to step 3 if M = {}.
>
> I don't see how it fixes a BC issue identified in
>
> https://java.net/jira/browse/JAX_RS_SPEC-405
>
> The way 2.h is written now still loses the locator even though, in
> JAX_RS_SPEC-405 example, it comes in front of the resource method.

The text says go to step 3 if M = {}. But in JAX_RS_SPEC-405 example M
is not empty. Can you copy the text from JAX-RS 1.1:

- Set Rmatch to be the first member of E
If Rmatch was derived from Tmethod, then set
M = {subresource methods of O w here R(T ) = R } method match
and go to step 3.

Now, this will work. We need to select the 1st member first and then
make the decision, either continue with the locator (if it happens to be
on top) or else, drop all the locators, and work with the resource
methods only

Have you tried applying your text to the example at JAX_RS_SPEC-405 ? If
it works for you the can give me a favor and type it here ?

Thanks, Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin
Talend Community Coders