jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: JSON-P Support

From: Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin_at_talend.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 15:57:23 +0000

On 23/01/13 15:48, Santiago Pericas-Geertsen wrote:
> Hello Experts,
>
> We had an outstanding AI to look at the new JSON-P [1] API for any
> potential integration points. After some discussions with Jitu (the
> JSON-P lead), we'd like to propose adding support for the following types:
>
> (1) JsonStructure, JsonObject and JsonArray as entity parameters and
> return types for JAX-RS resource methods. Note that a JsonStructure is
> either a JsonObject or a JsonArray (a partition). If an entity param is
> JsonObject and an array is received (or vice-versa) an exception will be
> thrown.
>
> (2) We will _not_ provide any native support for JsonParser,
> JsonGenerator, JsonReader or JsonWriter. All these are usable with
> either an InputStream entity parameter or a StreamingOutput return type.
>
> Unless there are any strong objections, I will go ahead an update the
> spec to add support for the types in (1).
That is a pretty strong commitment to an approach considered to be less
effective than CORS, so unless there are really strong reasons for
adding this and given that we are really down to doing the cosmetic
changes + client security configuration, I'm -1 on it.

Thanks, Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin
Talend Community Coders