jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: Feature Proposal: Using _at_RolesAllowed for JAX-RS resources

From: Markus KARG <markus_at_headcrashing.eu>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 17:00:21 +0100

Sergey,

thank you for your comments.

I wonder how a client shall find out whether or not to show / hide
particular GUI items (e. g. menu items directly related to the access rights
of the current user) if the client cannot find out the access rights by pure
http means. Is your proposed solution really to _not_ use pure http means
but build a particular application-specific protocol ontop? If yes, what
good for is OPTIONS then? I mean, if it reports a method that the current
user must never invoke?

Thanks
Markus