jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: [jax-rs-spec users] Re: Please review: Feature, Configurable API update proposal.

From: Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin_at_talend.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 17:52:39 +0100

On 17/10/12 14:44, Marek Potociar wrote:

> On Oct 16, 2012, at 2:11 PM, Sergey Beryozkin<sberyozkin_at_talend.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> On 15/10/12 22:52, Marek Potociar wrote:
>>> Ping...
>>>
>>> Unless there are any objections, I'd like to promote the proposal to an
>>> official change and start implementing it.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Marek

>> What is the difference between getEnabledFeatures and getFeatureInstances ?
>
> Features returned by getEnabledFeatures() are those ones that have been already enabled by runtime (i.e. the providers and properties registered by the feature are already part of the configuration).
> OTOH getFeatureClasses() and getFeatureInstances() methods are just a list of all the features that have been registered (by the user) in the configuration. Please, check also the javadoc of the methods.
>
>> Does getFeatureInstances include the instances instantiated from classes referred to from getFeatureClasses ?
>
> No, it's just a list of all the features instances that were registered by the user (either using Configuration.register(Object, ...) on the client side or instances returned from Application.getSingletons() on the server side).

Thanks... I'm a bit tired right now and thus feeling very slow :-), it
took me a number of minutes to grasp the answer - hope Bill will do it
for 5 secs :-). So far I'm just thinking that that Configurable
implementation I prototyped for supporting DynamicFeature in CXF will
have few extra empty methods added to it - which is where my concern is...

Cheers, Sergey