jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: [jax-rs-spec users] Re: (Another) proposal on Configuration API changes.

From: Bill Burke <bburke_at_redhat.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 09:28:48 -0400

What additional methods does RuntimeConfig have over Configured? What
additional methods does Configuration have over Configured? I could not
see a difference. So, why do we need two separate things?

So, you just want to have these separate things because a user might try
to configure a Feature or DynamicFeature manually? Come on, that is
just totally ridiculous. You must have some really dumb users on the
Jersey side. IMO, you've made it much more confusing.

Initially what I thought you were doing was separating
getProviderClasses() from registration. And have like a client-side
APplication class. But this is not what you're doing.

I just don't think what you've done improves things. But, I've known
you long enough to know you have your mind set. -1 from me, not that it
matters...