jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: A proposal to make the JAX-RS API "lambda ready".

From: Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin_at_talend.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 15:02:16 +0000

On 29/10/12 11:06, Marek Potociar wrote:
> Hello experts,
>
> A month ago at JavaOne, making APIs ready for closure support that is
> coming in Java SE 8, was one of the hot topics. The main idea behind
> making an API ready for "lambdas" (or closures), is to expose
> single-method interfaces whenever one expects a future use of lambdas.
> In JAX-RS 2.0, such places include definition of async response
> callbacks as well as client-side invocation callback.
>
> With that I took a stab on it and tried to come up with a proposal that
> would make our new APIs more lambda-ready. Please review the proposal here:
> https://github.com/mpotociar/jax-rs/compare/lambda
>
> In summary, I have updated the client.InvocationCallback to have only a
> single method and since I anticipate that many users would still prefer
> the old 2-method style, I'm adding an AbstractInvocationCallback
> convenience class. On the side of async response container callbacks,
> I've similarly updated the CompletionCallback and ResumeCallback APIs to
> adopt a single-method pattern. In my last commit I've also decided
> (based on numerous Sergey's requests) to propose removal of
> ResumeCallback (for now).

I've already implemented a support for it :-). Yes, I was questioning,
given that I was not sure about the actual cases but I guess in the end
I thought, well, who knows, may be someone will need it so I typed the
code :-). I'm fine with removing this new code I typed, as you implied
it can be reintroduced immediately when someone does have a specific
requirement, either approach is ok for me

Sergey