jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: [jax-rs-spec users] Re: Re: Re: Re: UriBuilder.segment and build with encodePathSlash

From: Markus KARG <markus_at_headcrashing.eu>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 23:40:18 +0200

> But you are forgetting:
>
> GET /root/foo/bar/baz
>

> @Path("/root/{a}")
> class Resource {
>
> @GET
> @Path("{b: .*}")
> public boolean get(...what you had before...
> }
>
> In this case the '/' is not encoded. If the client is getting a
> template, it has no idea if the server is expecting '/' to get encoded
> or not. IMO, '/' is a legal character so encoding '/' should be an
> extreme edge case.

We seem to live in completely different worlds, as frankly spoken I never
use {b: .*} in JAX-RS but virtually always have @Path({a}/{b}) patterns
hence need encoded slashes, so I see it completely reverse: Yours is the
extreme edge case.

As we cannot find a consensus, Marek should decide.

Regards
Markus