jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: [jax-rs-spec users] Re: FYI: JAX-RS 2.0 PR date postponed

From: Marek Potociar <marek.potociar_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 12:11:35 +0200

On Sep 10, 2012, at 11:35 PM, Bill Burke <bburke_at_redhat.com> wrote:

> On 9/10/2012 5:33 PM, Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
>> On 10/09/12 20:36, Marek Potociar wrote:
>>> Hello experts,
>>>
>>> While we're still working out the updated JAX-RS 2.0 release schedule
>>> dates, we've been approved to postpone the PR date by at least another
>>> week. This should help us resolve more issues, including the
>>> WebTarget/UriBuilder API changes at a more convenient pace as was
>>> earlier requested by some of you.
>>>
>> I'm also interested in getting more feedback on having
>> ParamConverterProvider - if there's some chance to drop it then it can
>> be the best time to do it, unless the compelling reason is there to keep
>> it. Likewise, hoping to get some improvements done to Container filters API
>>

> I read the JIRA comment by the user, but I still do not understand why you need ParamConverterProvider.

It's the same concept as with dynamic features. It lets you use the deploy-time information to fine-tune the returned ParamConverter instance for the case. E.g. in Jersey in case of JAXB converters we use the type and annotation information to return a proper converter producing the proper JAXB types.

Marek