jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] FYI: BeanValidation support in JAX-RS 2.0

From: Marek Potociar <marek.potociar_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 17:54:49 +0200

Hello experts,

FYI, due to conflicts between BV 1.1 and JAX-RS 2.0 schedule we plan to defer BV support to CDI in Java EE 7 environment, which is in sync with the current plans of other EE 7 specs. This means that BV will be supported in CDI-managed JAX-RS resources (using CDI-provided mechanisms). Support for BV in resources not managed by CDI or outside Java EE container will be considered for an addition in a future JAX-RS release.

To accommodate this plan, following changes will be made in JAX-RS 2.0 spec:

- all references to BV will be removed from the spec
- ValidationException will be removed from the API

With that, we plan to submit a PR release to JCP early next week.

Please let us know if you see any issues with the plan.

Thank you,
Marek