jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: [jax-rs-spec users] Re: JAX_RS_SPEC-21

From: Santiago Pericas-Geertsen <Santiago.PericasGeertsen_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 10:24:02 -0400

On Sep 17, 2012, at 9:22 AM, Sergey Beryozkin wrote:

> On 06/09/12 19:22, Santiago Pericas-Geertsen wrote:
>> Hello Experts,
>>
>> If you have an opinion on the matter, please chime in on this discussion:
>>
>> http://java.net/jira/browse/JAX_RS_SPEC-21
>> <http://java.net/jira/browse/JAX_RS_SPEC-21http://java.net/jira/browse/JAX_RS_SPEC-21>
>
> I agree with the original idea, think that the runtime should be responsible for making sure Allow is always in the response to OPTIONS

 The proposal in that issue was a bit more involved than that. But let's assume we just do what you suggest. I.e., allow users to implement @OPTIONS and then intercept the response to add Allow if not there. I'm assuming we'd do that before running the response filter chain.

 Is this sufficient for all cases? Is this really more intuitive than writing a filter that updates the default response?

-- Santiago