jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Fwd: [Resteasy-users] PostProcessInterceptors not invoked for responses created by ExceptionMappers

From: Bill Burke <bburke_at_redhat.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 18:16:28 -0400

Something we'll have to define.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Resteasy-users] PostProcessInterceptors not invoked for
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 15:14:31 -0500
From: Allen Gilbert <allen.gilbert_at_doane.edu>
To: resteasy-users_at_lists.sourceforge.net

I have a PostProcessInterceptor that I'd like to be invoked for every
response, but I've discovered that if one of my ExceptionMappers creates
a response, the PostProcessInterceptor is not invoked. I did some
searching and found someone else who ran into the same problem:
https://community.jboss.org/thread/201677

As far as I know, the current JAX-RS spec doesn't speak to this, as it
doesn't define interceptors. Is this interaction between
ExceptionMappers and PostProcessInterceptors working as designed, or can
RESTEasy be updated to invoke PostProcessInterceptors for
ExceptionMapper responses?

Thanks!

-Allen