jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: [jax-rs-spec users] Re: FYI: StringConverter API added.

From: Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin_at_talend.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 21:57:50 +0100

I thought that the original name was too generic, i.e, String MBR/MBW
are also String converters, albeit from IS/to OS.

I would not too upset :-) if the original name were restored. I like
'Param' bit because it suggest the provider is about customizing the way
parameters (aka parts of the request URI and headers - the one which
have associated JAX-RS param annotations, like PathParam, etc) are handled.

Bill, by the way, the (header) delegates are for handling
valueOf/toString static calls, so there won't be conflicts.

In the end of the day I'm fine either way

Cheers, Sergey