jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Some adjustments to client-side Feature API

From: Marek Potociar <marek.potociar_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 17:18:28 +0200

Hello all,

seems to me that we could further simplify and improve the API by:
removing Configuration.enable() methods altogether; features could be registered via Configuration.register(...) instead as any other providers
feature would as such become a provider (that can be annotated with @Provider and discovered)
Feature.onEnable(...) would return boolean value indicating if it was enabled or not
based on the information it would be added/not added to the internal set of enabled features - allows for dynamic feature registration based on the existing content of the configuration.

I have the change ready in my workspace. Let me know if you see any issues with pushing it to the origin java.net repository.

Marek