jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: Default Servlet Mapping?

From: Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin_at_talend.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 15:57:47 +0000

Hi
On 14/03/12 15:51, Marek Potociar wrote:
> Hi Sergey,
>
> FWIW, this is not an attempt to force a convention upon the community. The goal is to just provide a fall-back
> convention when a custom mapping is not (yet) specified to make life of JAX-RS developers easier.
Yes, I actually did mean that too, but also meaning there could be a
(reasonable) expectation that the fall-back convention like the proposed
one can in turn lead to users kind of adopting /webapi/ for their own
Application paths...

Some users might be sensitive to the 'api' bit, but may be this will go
okay for all...

> IOW, certain cases
> where a JAX-RS implementation would refuse to deploy earlier due to an unresolved application mapping would start
> working with this convention in place.

Sure, makes sense
Sergey