jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: [jax-rs-spec users] Re: Improving Hypermedia Support

From: Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin_at_talend.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 22:07:02 +0000

Hi

On 03/11/11 18:56, Santiago Pericas-Geertsen wrote:
> Sergey,
>
> Thanks for the reviewing. As for UriBuilder, I don't think we extended this class yet in 2.0. Given that you can write,
>
> link.getUri()
>
> it may best not to update it (due to backward compatibility, etc.) until we can make a stronger case for it. Makes sense?

I was meaning adding a static UriBuilder.fromLink(link) method which
would be equivalent to UriBuilder.fromUri(link.getURI()) and this should
not affect the backward compatibility, but it's a minor enhancement,
might be even a bit redundant, though would make Link more 'visible'...
I'm ok with not adding this new method right now - I guess it can be
added at any time later,
Cheers, Sergey