jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: [jax-rs-spec users] Re: Re: FilterAction and FilterContext

From: Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin_at_talend.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 15:12:47 +0000

On 30/11/11 13:20, Bill Burke wrote:

> On 11/30/11 5:52 AM, Marek Potociar wrote:
>>
>> public interface NextAction { }
>>
>> IMO it should be defined as an inner interface of FilterContext. We
>> can add some methods if we find it useful. Otherwise
>> it should be up to the implementation how to implement the interface
>> and what methods should be internally provided.
>
> Yuck. -1 on a special interface. What about my proposal with filter
> returning void, and FilterContext having a state or a set of boolean
> methods that describe the state:
>
> void preFilter(FilterContext ctx) {
> context.stop();
> }
>
> ctx.isStopped();

+1 to having 'void' only for this filter api option. I'd prefer
FilterContext having no stop/continue/suspend at all.
FilterContext.setResponse is a good enough way to indicate to the
runtime that this has provided a response of its own or not

Cheers, Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin
Talend Community Coders