jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: 2 issues with new Entity class

From: Marek Potociar <marek.potociar_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 14:32:22 +0200

On 08/29/2011 02:20 PM, Bill Burke wrote:
> * First issue is that there's no way to set the generic type with the API in head

Not sure I understand. Can you please explain more?

> * Second issue is that for some entities, requiring the specification of a mediatype is redundant or even not wanted.
> i.e. a mulitpart entity where the boundary attribute of the media type is set by the marshaller.

You should be able to use null in such corner case. Or you can directly set the entity mediatype to multipart, since MBW
is selected based (also) on the declared entity media type, setting the mimetype to multipart should help the framework
to select the proper MBW.

Marek