jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: [jax-rs-spec users] Re: Updated Client API and Interceptors/Filters proposal is available - please review

From: Marek Potociar <marek.potociar_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 19:30:29 +0200

On 06/14/2011 04:23 PM, Bill Burke wrote:

> What's the big deal about having a ClientFactory class with static methods that delegate to RuntimeDelegate?

Support for multiple versions of single implementation or even multiple implementations of JAX-RS in a single container
(JavaEE, OSGi etc. - see http://java.net/jira/browse/JAX_RS_SPEC-110 ) is one issue for which I want to avoid using
RuntimeDelegate.

Anyway, I have just pushed a new Client API update to the public repository. It contains improved and unified config
story as well as ClientFactory class + Client interface. Please check it out.

> BTW, do you know how annoying it is that javax.ws.rs.core.Application is an abstract class? I have had a few times
> where I wished to extend something else and have had to use delegation instead. And I usually override its mundane
> implemention. Its also a bitch to proxy this class.

Please add a new issue if not already there. I think we can try to retrofit the class with a new interface and make the
interface the base point for 2.0 (just thinking aloud right now).

Marek