jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: A Feature interface

From: Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin_at_talend.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 14:01:02 +0100

Hi Bill

> On 6/27/11 8:22 AM, Marek Potociar wrote:
>> The assumption was that we need to be able to control the features up to the invocation level. Here's a potential use case:
>>

> Controlling features per request would rarely, if ever, be used, IMO.

I agree. Applying features to individual clients (and thus have its
'descendants' if any inheriting it) and also possibly the client runtime
thus affecting all clients is easier to deal with. At least this is how
thing work in CXF - I'm not biased here, it just seems effective and
straightforward

thanks, Sergey