jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: [jax-rs-spec users] Re: Re: Proposal to downgrade [JAX_RS_SPEC-39] Client Cache Support to MINOR

From: Bill Burke <bburke_at_redhat.com>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 08:16:24 -0400

On 5/16/11 12:50 PM, Markus KARG wrote:
> BTW, I do not understand what would be so bad with either
>
> Client.setFilter(Client.CACHING_FILTER)
>
> or
>
> Client.setProperty(Client.ENABLE_CACHE)
>
> ?

As much as I'd like to vote no on this because of all the time you've
wasted the past 2 weeks on this subject...

I can't see anything wrong with this proposal. I was more against
defining any specific interface/api.

Then again, how vague can the spec be on this switch? Can the spec say
"Vendor must support HTTP caching, how it does it, or how it is
configured is implementation dependent."?

Bill