users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: JAX-RPC SI and server authentication

From: Harri T. <haba713_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 06:54:03 +0300

Hi Jitendra! No, I can't. It's rpc/encoded:
http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-898

I've found an example, how to pass the credentials:
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/tutorial/doc/Security7.html#wp129078

It works fine as does the example below. If I pass an invalid user name,
the service informs about a missing user, but no matter if the password
is right or wrong, the service always responds with the same exception.
So, maybe I use wrong password format.

I'll continue the discussion here:
http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/3339947

-Harri

On 17.06.2009 21:07 Jitendra Kotamraju wrote:
> Can you not use NetBeans JAX-WS client ? or is the service
> rpc/encoded style of service?
>
> Jitu
>
> Harri T. wrote:
>> Just forget about this post. The problem seems to be at the service end.
>>
>> -Harri
>>
>> On 17.06.2009 09:45 Harri T. wrote:
>>> Hi all!
>>>
>>> I've created a JAX-RPC client with NetBeans JAX-RPC plugin and
>>> trying to use it with Liferay tunnel-web. However, I can't find
>>> information about passing authentication credentials to the client.
>>> I've tried to do it this way with no luck:
>>>
>>> GroupServiceSoap_Stub soap = (GroupServiceSoap_Stub) (new
>>> GroupServiceSoapService_Impl()).getPortal_GroupService();
>>> soap._setProperty(Stub.USERNAME_PROPERTY, username);