users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Create and configurate a handler to my webservice

From: Jitendra Kotamraju <Jitendra.Kotamraju_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 11:04:08 -0700

Fco. Javier Arenales Castrodeza wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have developed a webservice to run by Sun One Application
> Server. To develop it, I use an Ant file (build.xml) in order to
> wscompile, wsdeploy,....
>
> Now, I want to add a handler to this webservice. I have my handler
> class with their methods (init, destroy, handlerRequest, ...) but I'm
> sure that a xml file should be configurated. I suppose that it's
> jaxrpc-ri.xml, but I don't know how configure it.
>
> If anybody could help me...
>
> Regards,
>
> Javier Arenales

Adding to jaxrpc-ri.xml should work. Other option is add it config file
that is given to wscompile.

for e.g.:
<configuration
    xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/jax-rpc/ri/config">
  <service name="HelloWorldService"
      targetNamespace="http://hello.org/wsdl"
      typeNamespace="http://hello.org/types"
      packageName="simple_handler_test.server">
    <interface name=".server.HandlerTest"
        servantName="server.HandlerTestImpl"/>
    <handlerChains>
      <chain runAt="server">
        <handler className="handlers.ServerHandler"/>
      </chain>
    </handlerChains>
  </service>
</configuration>

I am wonding why you are not using jax-ws to develop web services.

Jitu