users@jax-rpc.java.net

RE: Need Help to create a multi tier web service

From: Velidanda Srinivas <srinivas.velidanda_at_singularity.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:31:34 -0000

I mean to say, Can I create a dynamic proxy while building the project.

Within the servlet code generated by Netbeans IDE can I communicate to web
service without having JNDI lookup.

I have the following standalone client code which doesn't perform any JNDI
lookup.

//*********************//
package test.client;

import javax.xml.rpc.Stub;
import com.test.*;
public class MyClient {

   private String endpointAddress;

   public static void main(String argv[]) {
      try {
         // Invoke createProxy() to create a stub object
                 String param="Client";
         Stub stub = createProxy();

         // Set the endpoint address the stub uses to access the service
         stub._setProperty(javax.xml.rpc.Stub.ENDPOINT_ADDRESS_PROPERTY,
                     "http://host:port/HelloService/Hello");

         // Cast the stub to the service endpoint interface (MathFace)
         HelloWs_Stub hell = (HelloWs_Stub)stub;

         // String res=hell.sayHello(param);
         // Invoke the add method
        // System.out.println("Service Reply : "+res);
                 String s="xyz";
                 UserInfo ui=(UserInfo)hell.getUserInfo(s);
                 System.out.println("User Name :"+ui.getUserName());
                 System.out.println("User Address :"+ui.getUserAddress());
      } catch (Exception ex) {
         ex.printStackTrace();
      }
   }

   private static Stub createProxy() {
      // Create a stub object
      // Note that MyFirstService_Impl, generated by wscompile, is
implementation-specific
      return (Stub)(new HelloService_Impl().getHelloWsPort());
   }
}

Using this code I am able to get the reply from the web service. But I am
unable to use it in the servlet.

Plese let me know what are the supporting files required to deploy a servlet
to talk to web service.

Srinivas.