users@jax-rpc.java.net

Does exists timeouts settings for JAXRPC ?

From: Claudio Miranda <claudio_at_claudius.com.br>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 19:21:09 -0200

Hi folks, I really need to configure timeout for some jaxrpc apps. Some of them take so much time, so I need to put some timeout. I know there is three approaches:

1) create a thread to control the client
2) Use apache axis
3) Use java properties: sun.net.client.defaultConnectTimeout and sun.net.client.defaultReadTimeout

but:

1) I don't have control over the client application
2) an (last) alternative
3) It won't be good, because this is a configuration for the entire application server and connections (HTTP, ORB, RMI, etc.)

thanks for your time.
--
  Claudio Miranda
  http://www.claudius.com.br/blog              http://www.summa-tech.com