users@jax-rpc.java.net

usage (reusage) of javax.xml.rpc.Call object correct

From: Merten Schumann <Merten.Schumann_at_asg.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 14:14:02 +0100

I'm wondering if my usage of javax.xml.rpc.Call object is correct.

I do create a one and only Call object to fire invocations of the same
or DIFFERENT web service methods. Not for concurrent invocations, I use
the Call object in a synchronized way. I prepare the Call object each
time this way

call.removeAllParameters();
call.setOperationName(operationName);
call.setParameter...
call.setReturnType...

It seems to work, even for web service methods with different return
types and all. But, I'm not sure if it's really ok to reuse the Call
object. Should I create a separate Call object for each invocation of a
web service method or is my usage ok?

Thanx
   Merten